Total Public Expenditure Budget: EUR 490 985 734, of which EUR 407 836 756 co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and 83,148,978 euro co-financed by the European Social Fund (ESF).
“The self-sustaining, extroverted and sustainable reconstruction of Western Greece focused on the global identity, values for humans and the environment.”
- Strengthening competitiveness and enterprise extroversion, transition to qualitative entrepreneurship, spearheaded innovation and increasing domestic value added.
- Environmental Protection – transition to an economy-friendly environment.
- Development – modernization – completion of transport infrastructure.
- Human Resources Development, Promoting Social Inclusion and Combating Poverty and Discrimination
- Development – modernization – supplementing social infrastructure, health and education infrastructure.
Strengthening research, technological development and innovation
- Actions enhancing research and innovation infrastructure and development capacities of excellence in research and innovation and promoting centers of competence, in particular European interest centers
- Actions promoting business investment in research and innovation, developing links and synergies between businesses, research and development centers and higher education, particularly by promoting investment in product and service development, technology transfer, social innovation, eco-innovation, in public service applications, to encourage demand, networking in clusters and open innovation through smart specialization and supporting technological and applied research, pilot projects, rapid ratification product actions, advanced manufacturing capabilities and first production, especially in key technologies, and dissemination of enabling technologies
Improving access to, use and quality of information and communication technologies
- Development actions ICT products and services, e-commerce and increase demand for ICT
- Support actions ICT applications in e-governance, e-learning, e-inclusion, e-culture and e-health
Improving the competitiveness of SMEs
- Entrepreneurship promotion actions, in particular by facilitating the economic exploitation of new ideas and supporting the creation of new firms, including through business incubators
- Actions supporting the creation and extension of advanced capacities for product and service development
- Measures of capacity to support SMEs to grow in regional, national and international markets, and participate in innovation processes
Supporting the shift towards a low carbon economy dioxide in all areas
- Actions to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy use in enterprises
- Actions in support of energy efficiency, smart energy management and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, including public buildings and in the housing sector
- Actions promoting low-carbon strategies for all kinds of sites, especially for urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable multimodal urban mobility and adaptation measures on limiting the impact
Promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management
- Actions supporting investment for adaptation to climate change and the techniques based on the ecosystem
- Actions promoting investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems
Preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency
- Actions for investment in the waste sector to meet the requirements of the environmental acquis of the Union and to address the needs identified by the Member States for investments in excess of these requirements
- Actions for investment in the water sector to meet the requirements of the environmental acquis of the Union and to address the needs identified by the Member States for investments in excess of these requirements
- Actions for the preservation, protection, promotion and development of natural and cultural heritage
- Actions for the protection and restoration of soil biodiversity and promoting ecosystem services, including through the network Natura 2000, and green infrastructure
- Actions to improve the urban environment, urban regeneration, regeneration and disinfection of environmentally degraded areas (including areas under reconstruction), reduce air pollution and promoting measures to reduce noise
Promoting sustainable transport and removing bottlenecks in key network infrastructures
- Actions for supporting a multimodal Single European Transport Area by investing in the TEN-T network
- Actions enhancing regional mobility through connecting secondary and tertiary nodes to TEN-T infrastructure, including multimodal nodes
- Actions developing and improving environment-friendly and low-carbon transport systems (including low noise systems), including inland waterways and maritime transport, ports, multimodal links and airport infrastructure in order to promote the sustainable regional and local mobility
- Actions improving energy efficiency and security of supply through the development of smart distribution systems, storage and transmission of energy through the incorporation therein of dispersed energy from renewable sources
Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning
- Actions of investment in education, training, and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning by developing education and training infrastructure
Promoting social inclusion and combating poverty and discriminations
- Actions investment in health infrastructure and social infrastructure which contribute to national, regional and local development, reducing inequalities in the situation in the health sector, promoting social inclusion through improved access to social services, cultural and recreational services and transition from institutional care to community care
- Active inclusion actions, including with a view to promoting equal opportunities and active participation and improve employability
- Actions socio-economic integration of marginalized communities such as the Roma
- Actions to combat all forms of discrimination and promoting equal opportunities
- Actions to improve access to affordable, sustainable and high quality services, including healthcare services and social services of general interest
- Actions promoting social entrepreneurship and vocational integration in social enterprises and the social and solidarity economy in order to facilitate access to employment
- Actions for local development strategies at the initiative of local communities
Promoting sustainable and quality jobs and supporting labor mobility
- Actions on access for job seekers and economically inactive people into employment, including long-term unemployed and those who are long time outside the labor market, including through local employment initiatives and support of mobility workforce
- Activities for self-employment, entrepreneurship and start-ups, especially innovative micro, small and medium enterprises
- Actions relating to the adaptation of workers, enterprises and entrepreneurs to changes
- Actions for organizing the Management
- Information, promotion and publicity of the program and individual interventions
- Evaluation, design, experts, business plans, technical consultants.
Note that the above actions are indicative.
This means that some other actions can be added, based on the objectives of the program or may not be a call for some of them if this is deemed necessary by the application. In any case the recipients / beneficiaries should base their choices in the program specification, as will be reflected in the invitations to be issued and posted on the website of the program.
Who can submit proposals – who benefit from the financed operations
- Residents of Western Greece
- National, Regional and Local Authorities and Development Agencies (Government and operators, OTA first and second degree, developmental OTA companies, etc.)
- Academic institutions, research centers – Institutes of Technology Research Institutions and Universities
- Health Region of Western Greece and Hospitals Region
- SMEs and startups
- Special categories and vulnerable groups (migrants, the disabled, Roma etc)
Competent Authority for the management of the Program
Managing Authority of Western Greece Regional Operational Program
Related files (in Greek):